On behalf of the provincial government of Sindh, Pakistan, Governor Ishrat ul Ebad presented the 99-year lease papers for 1.5 acres of land to the Jesus and Mary Sisters during a ceremony on September 24 at Government House, Karachi. Sisters Mary Langan and Berchmanns Conway received the papers on behalf of the provincial of their congregation. The land is in central Karachi and has been presented by the government as a free gift in recognition of the educational work of the Jesus and Mary Sisters in Pakistan. It will enable them to expand and consolidate the school they have conducted in Karachi for girls since 1952. The Jesus and Mary Sisters arrived in what is now Pakistan in 1856 and now conduct schools in Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad, Mariakhel, Murree and Toba Tek Singh.
St. Peter’s Square
July 18, 2018
The path of reconciliation
Those who arrive in Taizé immediately see the bell tower of the little Romanesque church ...
The first twenty years of the Church in Mongolia
A young Church entrusting her future to young people: this is how the apostolic prefect, ...
Christians for a new world vision
Leaving space for stories, experiences, hopes, prayers but above all a vision for the world. ...